From:
Nycole Bridle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:55:56 -0500
Well, Meth and my SO have returned from the great north... so much for me
thinking the fuzzy would miss me- when he woke up and saw me, it was like,
"oh, its you", not even a kiss for 2 whole days!  Anyway I wanted tp respond
to a few posts...

Someone posted about attaching carpet to the wire flooring and ramps..  this
is what we did... I got some carpet samples (both Sears and Wallmart sell
their discontinued samples) and stared at them a long time before an idea
came to me.  We (my SO and I) took 1/4" ribbon and used a crochet hook to
pull it through the carpeting along the sides to secure it to the wire.  We
didn't use a traditional "in-through the top up through the bottom stitch,
but instead we just went in through the bottom, through the top and them
back around the edge to go up through the bottom again (I think thisis
called a whip stitch, but I'm not sure).  When the Carpet was securely
stitched all around, we tied the ribbon off with a good knot and clipped off
the excess ribbon as close as possible.  This has worked *very* well for our
litle carpet shark..  He even digs at the corners and it stays down!

About biting..  I too discovered that uttering a very high-pitched screech
works quite well to deter Meth from biting too hard.  As soon as a squell,
he immediately lets go..  maybe this would work with other biters..  Also,
we held and stroked Meth a lot when he was sleepy (ie before bed or just
after waking) He is now very tolerant of being held and *loves* his cheeks,
chin, and ears to be rubbed (like a cat)..  he will even come and lie on
your foot when he wants to be held and he sleeps between my feet when I am
on the computer... he desperately wants to cuddle the dog, but she'll have
none of it...sigh...

I wanted to say congrats to Stephanie on her conception!!  How exciting for
you!!

Sheena- my condolences on all the fuzzies you have lost as of late...

Hugs to all your fuzzies!

Nycole & Methwoozla