From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:00:35 -0400
Hi Everyone,
I read alot but don't always post.  I have read it, heard it and heard
it again.  Watch the screens...... Well what a scare we had tonight.  I
never leave windows open when the fuzzbutts are out where I am not in
the room with them.  Tonight I made an exception since it was such a
wonderful cool night.

Well all of them settled down after playing and I usually do a screen and
ferret check periodically throughout the time they are out and something
made me go in our living room as I had been in the family room and there
to my horror was a pushed out screen on the one side.  I totally freaked.
First I ran to the outside with my squeaky toy and nothing.  It was
getting dark and I was horrified that I was so lax in not listening.  Hey
can't happen to me I am careful right?  WRONG!!!  never ever think it
can't happen.  We were very lucky.  Apparently one of the cats has laid
in the window sill and pushed it out.  This has never ever happened
before so I thought for sure it was a fuzzy.  I never rounded up ten
fuzzies so fast in my life.  We have a checklist outside their room so we
know who is in and out and we checked off each one.  The last to not be
found was my little girl Maggie not even a year old yet.  She is very
skiddish and would not even go near a window but I thought what if?  She
is the hardest to find and the hardest to catch unless it is her idea but
we let her roam when we are home anyway because she deserves to be out
too.  Here she was in our closet and all ten accounted for.  Lesson well
learned.

So this is just a post for anyone that thinks for even a second that
their little fuzzbutt is safe from screens....I learned my lesson and for
all of you out there that are like me thinking we are immune think again.
Please take it from me I learned how bodily strong I can be as I was
flipping furniture looking for my furry kids.  All kitties accounted for
too.  Ahhhh thank the angels.

Have a great week

Love & angel hugs
Debbie