From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 23:49:41 -0400
Dear D.J.,

Tonight I decided to sit out on in my front garden and watch the
sunset. I took my favorite blanket (a soft, butter-yellow fleece ) got
myself comfortable and just enjoyed the twilight as it changed from
clear, summer blue to splashes of green, gold, lavender, midnight blue,
and softly kissed pink. It was magnificent, and breathtaking and also a
reminder of the last gift my mum gave to me, will not so much a gift,
but a wish she had asked of the Big Guy. She asked that I have wings
that would rival the faery of the old legends, and so instead of
feathers, I was given wings much like a butterfly, and as I described
the sunset, so then you will also know the palette of them too.

Each time I see them, I see my mum and all my best memories of her. She
too loved to sit in her front garden and do the very same thing. She
once told me that they were called The Big Guy's artwork. That each
evening He would go out and paint the sky with love. She also would
read poetry, or play music for me, because she said these things held
more then just words ..... they held memories as well.

When she hears the song "Mercy Street", she is awash in vivid memories
of my non-fuzzy grandpa, and when she read's this particular poem by
Rilke she sees the many beautiful years she has spent happy and in
love with my non-fuzzy dad.

So when I read Pandora's scroll, and I discovered she had three
siblings here, I went and looked for them. I found Kai riding a
wave, as in hanging ten, big waves and all. I found Seraph toasting
marshmallows over a camp fire, and I found Biscuit stashing a a huge
box of Krispy Kreme glaze donuts under a gold couch in the Comfy Place.
When I had them all together I asked them all about you, and their
lives with you, and of course I asked mostly about Pandora! What I
heard was all so wonderful, and made me want to share with you, like my
mum shared with me, and hoped it could become a reminder of not only
Pandora, but of how Kai, Seraph, Biscuit and Pandora remember you.

My first course of action was to ask a certain poet if it was all right
to share his work with you. Fortunately for me Lord George Gordon Noel
Byron was more then gracious in his approval, and in the borrowing and
sharing of his work, AND he told me he thought it was a very delightful
gift for someone whose heart is as gracious as yours.

So from Kai, Seraph, Biscuit and Pandora - Who incidentally, swooped in
on starry-sky wings, as we spoke with Lord Byron - this is from all who
love you and will always love you.

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Words can become like beacons in the night, for they can allow you to
be soothed and find safety, comfort and joy in them.

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah