From:
David Rosner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:56:16 -0400
I recently purchased a ferret form my local pet store.

They had two ferrets avaiable.  I told them I wanted a male.  They handed me
a good size ferret, supposedly male, I didn't go checking.  I did check
ears, feet, teeth, etc.  and HE looked healthy.  They said he was 3 months
old and that the kid who owned him previously (briefly) was in trouble with
the law and had to return HIM.

A few days later, I take HIM to the vet to get checked out and shots, and it
turns out that he is a SHE.  I felt stupid, but I really didn;t have reason
to look.  I rely on the vet to check and see if the ferret is healthy.  The
vet also said that the animal was 6-8 months old.

I wonder how often this pet store lies to sell a pet, to customers who ask
for somehting else.  Kind of a a bait and switch.  I just want to put the
store on report publicy

Friendly Fish Aquarium
2374 Jerusalem Avenue
North Bellmore NY 11710