From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 07:30:01 -0800
Dear FMLers...

This is in response to Ms. Frye's ongoing spew of indignation.  My header
is included in this.... *I* am Anne O.  If you feel the need to respond
to this, you know what to do.  I posted anonymously regarding Ferret X
because I wasn't seeking unsolicited advice or suggestions.  The dust had
settled and I had THANKED everyone for their *understanding* regarding
Ferret X.  And then Ms. Frye felt the need to toss in her two cents with
an outrageous statement (explained below) and has taken my response out
of context.  She is trying to make me out to be the "bad guy" and a whole
SIX people have requested copies of our communications off-list.  So, to
clarify to the other 3,139 people who have the panache NOT to get directly
involved....

>From:    Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Anonymous posts - please explain>
>
>I am off to Puerto Vallarta for a week.  Those of you who request the
>email from Ann O that I recd. will have to wait till I return.  Thus far,
>I have had six requests but I am sure there will be more.

It AMAZES me that (six) people having nothing better to do than request
forwards of private email.  On the other hand, I have to say that SIX
people out of 3,147 people is a pretty small percentage.  Nah, they won't
have to wait until Ms. Frye returns from Puerto Vallarta.... I'll include
our PRIVATE email in it's *entirety* in a separate post since including it
on this post will probably be over the length limit.

>In addition, BIG states that the post this Anne O sent me was not bad.

BIG has very good judgment, indeed!

>I must disagree and I am sure all of you that see the message will.
>Swearing about a ferret (calling it a f*****g ferret) and then making
>references to "slapping my face" are both above and beyond what is called
>for.

As usual, when someone is trying to defend themselves in the face a
adversity, they often take things out of context or neglect to define
their OWN actions that perpetuated the "bad" words/behavior used against
them.  I see this behavior often in my 13, 11, and 9 year old children.
They will run in telling me that their sibling(s) did something awful but
neglect to tell me that THEY did something FIRST to "warrant" a "vengeful"
act.

Now, to clarify what *you* took out of context and neglected to tell.....
YOU said that my ranting about Ferret X on the FML was analogous (that
means "the same") to posting (re: Sept 11) "I think terrorism is good and
America deserves what it got".  *I* said that was an OUTRAGEOUS thing to
say---I specifically said," You are comparing Anti-American sentiment,
the deaths of THOUSANDS of fellow Americans, the loss of our freedom and
innocence to my ranting about a f*****g ferret?!  Get a grip.  If you had
said that to me in PERSON, I would have slapped your face!!" And I meant
that!  How DARE you compare the ranting about a ferret to the TRAGEDY that
happened in our homeland??  How dare you minimize the loss of life, the
loss of innocence and freedom like that?

>How BIG could actually express her message to me as being ok, really
>amazes me.

I'll tell you how... because BIG understood your gross analogy to be as
asinine as I did!  Not to presume to "know" how he feels, not to presume
to know his reaction but I might put a fair bet on the fact that if you
compared something HE vented about being equivalent to saying "terrorism
is good and America got what it deserved", he probably would have slapped
your face, too!  I'll even venture to say that if you stood in NYC or at
the Pentagon and said that ANYONE'S tirade was equivalent to saying
"terrorism is good.... America got what it deserved" you'd get your face
soundly slapped!  In case you hadn't noticed, the events of Sept 11 have
resulted in a sluggish economy, a vast number of Americans afraid to open
mail, fly airplanes, cross bridges, ...and they watch for cropdusters,
too.  Our innocence was lost and our freedoms, too.  We have sent our men
and women over to Afghanistan to fight for the freedom of America, to free
us from having to live in fear in the wake of Sept.  11.  Get this...
while YOU and I and the other 3, 145 members of the FML are sitting at our
computers chatting (or ranting) about ferrets, men and women of our
military are putting their lives on the line.  Think about that!  While
nothing in your meager little life may have changed (yet), thousands of
American's lost their lives... and thousands more are seeking justice for
that.  Some of them may not come home.  Some children may be left without
a parent.  And we have not seen the end of the terrorism...it will
continue for a looong, looong time.  So, yes, I am very sensitive about
the terrorism that was perpetrated on US first and I take it very
personally when someone makes a ridiculous statement like you did.  I
take it personally because I am an AMERICAN and damn proud of it.

I hope this clarifies my "threat" to "slap her face" and my saying the
dreaded "f" word in the same sentence as the word "ferret" (which
coincidentally also begins with "f").

Danielle tried to post our correspondence but BIG disallowed it because
"private emails are not PUBLIC domain without permission of the original
poster"... Well, BIG now has my permission to publicize our correspondence.
I'm sure that in it's entirety, you will see that it was not "bad" or
"disgusting" as Ms. Frye contends.  I merely restated what I had originally
said on the FML and attempted to point out what she missed in subsequent
posts.  She continues to turn a blind eye except to what she CHOOSES to see.

Renee