From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:58:14 EST
[Moderator's note: Not very ferret-related -- I almost rejected it, but
I guess since it's Christmas...  BIG]

THE DIVINE SECRET

Lady looked into the vision pond.  She could see her daddy, crying.  She
felt so sad for him.  She felt a presence behind her and knew the Divine
One was there.

"Hello Lady.  You have been quite busy lately, haven't you?".  Lady
thought, busy?  Quite so!  All the new arrivals, the preparations for the
great Millenium Party.  Perhaps it was taking it's toll on her.  "I was
just resting, and ....".  "Thinking about your daddy?" asked the Divine
One.  Lady laughed to herself, He knows all, why do I even think I can
hide anything?

"Oh, Divine One, was I wrong?  I felt lonely, even with all my friends.  I
wanted to be close to my daddy again.  Close to my family.  Seems like
after I thought that, his fuzzies all started to leave him.  Was it because
of me?  He looks so sad, always crying.  He keeps calling out to you asking
you for strength and help.  He wonders if he did something wrong".

The Divine One took her into his arms and held her close.  "No, child.  It
was nothing you did or asked for.  No one is being punished.  Have I ever
told you the story of The Divine Secret?" Lady thought for a moment, "No"
she said, "I have NEVER heard of that".

The Divine One began, "One day I gathered all of my animals and told them
of The Divine Secret.  I told them that I wanted to hide it from humans
until they were ready for it.  The eagle said if I gave it to him, he would
fly to the moon and hide it there".

"I thought and said, No, they will one day go there and find it.  The whale
offered to take it to the bottom most depth of the ocean.  It seemed good,
but I was afraid they would eventually go there and find it".

"The mighty buffalo suggested burying it in the Great Plains.  But, I was
afraid they would cut into the skin of the earth and find it.  A ferret
even offered to put it in their hidey-hole.  But we ALL know that NO ONE
may find it after that!"

"Grandmother mole, a wise creature who lives in the breast of mother earth
came forward.  Grandmother mole had no physical eyes to see with.  But, she
had spiritual eyes that saw all.  "Put it inside them" she said, "they will
NEVER find it there!"  And so it was.  The Divine Secret is hidden deep
inside every human".

"The problem I had was, since no one knew about it, no one searched for
it.  That is one of the reasons humans have to go through deep tragedies at
times.  It brings them closer to each other, closer to me, and helps them
to search inside themself.  Each time they do, they learn more about love,
patience and what is really important in life.  Each time they come closer
to the Divine Secret".

Lady looked back on the visions of her daddy.  "He's getting closer, Lady"
said the Divine One.  "Even though his heart is full of pain, he remembers
the importance of the season.  Peace, love, goodwill, sharing ... and
faith.  He is almost ready for the next step.  In the meantime, come with
me.  The Christmas celebration is beginning !"

Lady once again looked into the Pond of Vision.  "Merry Christmas, daddy
 ... I love you !!!  Merry Christmas everyone !!!".

In the distance Lady sould hear the singing had begun.  She could hear the
angel choir.  "Let every heart, prepare him room .  .  .  .  .  .  ."