From:
Nancy Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:47:53 +0100
Hello everybody

Thanks for all your replies on how many times a ferret eats in a day.  I
had all sorts of replies so I guess nobody knows.  Some people said they
eat every 2 hours, every 3-4 hours to 4 times a day.  I think the latter is
more reasonable.  My guys do have food available at all times, I usually
let them finish their bowl during the day so I can wash the bowl and fill
it up again but I make sure they don't run out of food when I'm out or at
night.  I just wanted to know how often they do actually eat.  I'm sure
they do not eat every 2 hours though.  They sleep so much and if they do
get up during their sleep it is because they need the toilet, not because
they want to eat.  They only seem to eat before their playtime.  Their cage
is open when I'm home so they can come out for a run and when they are
tired they go back into their cage to sleep.

Anyway, thanks for all replies.  :-)

Nancy