Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:07:31 -0800
Ok Guys, I will help raise money for Floyd Marie, as well as Dena too, by
donating more ferret hammocks, etc.  to those who donate funds to Floyd
Marie's emergency leg surgery.  If anyone else wants to provide a similar
incentive to help raise funds, by donating ferret hammocks, supplies, etc.,
or just donate funds directly to Floyd Marie's vet for her emergency
surgery, I just want to encourage people to do so.  In case you don't know,
the surgery has to take place by December 1st, if I read it correctly,
while the bone is still "alive".  So a rapid response is needed.

E-mail me for arrangements to receive your ferret hammocks or bedding,
following your donation to the fund.  I will need to get verification of
donations from the Vets to be sure I'm not setting myself up to be taken
advantage of.  Be aware that with the Holidays and all, and the fact I am
doing the work on my own, in addition to my many other responsibilities,
it may take me awhile to get products out to people, but I will work
diligently and as quickly as possible.  I am dedicated to this.  I bet if
we could all just give .50-$1.00, we'd more than cover the need.

You know, that's a thought.  Couldn't we possibly start our own financial
pool for surgeries and charity care to help people who can't meet the
medical needs of their fuzzies, due to hardship?  Just among the members of
the FML, it seems we might be able to provide our own "insurance", by just
selecting a bank in a central location and setting up a charitable fund for
medical emergencies.  It works for other charities, why not to help us help
ourselves and our fuzzies?  There could be an online application and a
panel of volunteers to review the applications and approve them, and then
the funds could be sent directly from the bank to the Veterinarians.  It
could be set up to have a 24 hour turn-around for approval, or something
shorter, for extreme emergencies.  What do you think?  Would people agree
to give $1.00 to $5.00 a month or more, as they desired, to one fund, for
charitable purposes, to help ferrets in need, both in homes and in
shelters?  Then all support for ferrets could be directed to that fund, and
dispersed to emergencies in a fair, rapid (electronic) manner.  Shelters
and ferret "societies" could still have fund raisers for their other needs.
Do you think this would work?

Please send comments to the FML so everyone can benefit from your thoughts
on this.

Thanks,

Alecia