Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 17:49:38 -0600
Hey Everyone,

This time I am gonna talk about my first two babies, Stanley and Ollie.
After hearing my ex's niece and her husband go an about their ferrets, I
decided to check them out at the local pet store.

I walked in to find a whole mess of kits in a display case.  When I reached
in to pet them, a little silver mitt boy ran up my arm and climbed all over
me.  He chewed on me and chuckled and I fell instantly in love.

I took my hubby back to look at them later, showing him this cute little
fiesty thing.  That was all fine and good, but he fell in love with this
little light sable boy who was very timid and quiet.  Not being able to
choose between them, they both came home with us.

My little monster became Ollie, with his sidekick Stan.  Ollie was such a
goose as a kit, always dancing and attacking things, including Stan, on a
regular basis.  But they were buds, and gave me the ferret math virus
something fierce.

Stanley almost died from ece when I added to our ferret family, but he is
still going strong.  He is somewhat of a loner, likes to play with Ma the
most, and has to kill all those nasty socks in the world.  He is a beautiful
Siamese sable boy.  He also likes to try and steal the mouse off the
computer.  You can see his story at my school web site:
http://www.missouri.edu/~c705570

Ollie has grown into a rather sedate man most of the time.  Every once in a
while he gets a march hare attack and goes an little bonkers, jumping around
like a kit again.  His dark silver mitt coat is gone now, he is a beautiful
DEW boy.  He likes to sleep curled up around my feet and gives lots of
kisses.  And demands raisins on a regular basis.  Unfortunately, he also has
cataracts, and is getting blind.  But he still motors just fine and even the
move didn't bother him.  I am currently considering having cataract surgery
for him at the University.

They are both a little over 3 years old and in good health.  And like the
rest of the crew, really fat and hairy this winter.  I am pulling out all my
down comforters and wool blankets.  hehe.

Maggie Mae and her Mid Mo Mustelid Mob

L'enfer, madame, c'est de ne plus aimer.
Hell, madam, is to love no more.

Georges Bernanos