Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:20:01 -0500
HeyHeyHey,

Sukie wrote:
>Later, though, when there has been a lot of care of ones with great
>needs there can be a time of needing a rest for a while and having
>fewer, healthier ones to stay get an emotional breather

Wow!!  Sukie, have you been reading my mind?  Cause you sure hit me right
on the head with the accuracy of the way I feel.

I started out with Jubilee, a tiny little black sable female.  Got her
right out of the crate at the pet store and fell head over heels in love
with her.  I thought if I could help her fellow ferrets that would repay
her for all the joy she gives me.  I put my name and number down at the
pet store as a ferret resource/rescue person and hopped on the internet
to educate myself.

During the last 5-6 years I have rehomed many ferrets and I have kept a
few.  I have gained much in knowledge and my character has grown.

I have had up to 10 at one time that were permanent and I considered my
own.  I now have 6 living and 6 at the Bridge.

Funny thing is, I sometimes feel I did Jubilee a misservice.  She could
and maybee should have been an only ferret, going everywhere with me and
being spoiled rotten.  She is older now and declining.  She is my lap
ferret and prefers being in my lap to everything but gravy.  I still love
her with everything that I am.

I have decided not to add any more to my business.  Is it hard to say no?
Yes, but.....

I will love and enjoy each ferret I care for as long as I can.  I will
give them my best and they will give me theirs.  When all have left for
the Bridge, I will be adopting one and one only unadoptable from one of
the two shelters I work with.  One that for one reason or another cant
get adopted.  I will give that ferret the very best of everything.  I
will take it everywhere and spoil it rotten and I will pray that Jubilee
knows at the Bridge (when she gets there) how very much her love bettered
my life and one at a time, the lives of her species.  I will thank God
every day for her life and the time I have/had with her.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang