From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2011 06:04:42 -0400
Christmas in October
Save this date!
October 8, 2011
Start Time: 10:00 am until...
Updated: August 27, 2011

Hello out there in ferret land - you know I live in the beautiful
Naples Valley in upstate New York - if you didn't know - I do -
you should also know that in the fall we have beautiful fall colors
to look at from our yard - so we decided we wanted to share the
beautiful colors with all our shelter friends - sooooooo

On October 8th 2011 we are hosting what we are calling "Christmas in
October" right here at our shelter - in beautiful Naples valley New
York - we are going to have it outside in the cool fall weather - if
it is raining and cold do not fear we have a place specially set up
so we can be inside, warm and dry!

We hope you will join us for a fun packed day with new friends, furry
loveable ferrets, and lots of good food - if you have not been to our
shelter this would be a great way to get to know the shelter friends
that help, meet mum and most importantly meet me - the senior reporter
for the shelter - Possum

Events of the Day

It is a dish to pass meal - Miss Val said she would do the cooking
since she did not get to see us on clinic day she will do it for us for
Christmas in October - We are planning goodie bags for all folks that
attend.

Then we thought it would be great fun to invite snatches family
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Camp_Contest.htm - you remember the little
guy that got out - lost and found his way to our mum? Well his mom and
dad have a http://hectorwinecompany.com/page2.php so mum asked Rose and
Jason if they would host a wine tasting with us that day - they have
agreed - Mum is secretly hoping they bring Snatch so she can love on
him some while they are here.

We have to give Miss Wendy credit for this idea - although she asked
mum right after clinic so it took mum some time to agree - anyway Miss
Wendy is going to set up her photo shoot for us again at this event so
she will take photos of your fur kids and you if you wish - Pictures
by Wendy - fall and Christmas. Get a perfect ferret holiday card.

We have asked Miss Mary B to also host another auction - so you will
have a chance to get some more really cool ferret stuff for your fur
kids - Bring your fur kids to play in our famous play yard - Miss Wendy
can get cool picture of them in there too.

We want to have a ferrety gift exchange - one per family - but it is
a bit of a game as well as an exchange it is called: Christmas Ferret
Gift Exchange

This is how it works: All participants bring their gift to "the pile."
(We are going to have a box ready and waiting for your gift) Gifts are
wrapped, but are not labeled to reflect a sender or recipient. What we
want to do is make it a ferret item for ferrets - so bring something
new you would wish to have for your fur kids -

All participants draw a number to determine their picking order.
The participant with #1 takes any wrapped gift. Each successive
participant, in the order determined from the drawing, can either
A) "steal" an already picked wrapped gift or B) be adventurous and go
for a wrapped gift from the pile. If the participant chooses to steal,
the person whose gift is stolen now repeats their turn and either
A) steals another person's gift - they cannot immediately steal back
the gift that was just stolen from them or B) pick a new gift from
the pile.

Participants will hang on to those wrapped gifts for the day, however
listen for Possum whistles for another round of "stealing" to start
again. Since items can be stolen, the item in your possession is not
yours until the game is over. However, this is amended with a rule
declaring a gift "safe" after it has been stolen three times. This
helps limits the disadvantage of being among the first to choose gifts.
All gifts will be unwrapped at the end of the day.

Name That Word Game

Mum has set aside a special gift if you can tell me and mum what this
word means - [Moderator's note: word is in Japanese and can't be
displayed on the FML. I guess e-mail Brenda for it. BIG]- Please put
this in writing with your name on the paper there will be a place for
you to put this paper as well -

We have requested and had responses from these folks to help us make
this day a fun event to attend:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/
http://ferretsarelove.com/
http://performancefoodsinc.net/zencart/
http://www.rodentpro.com/index.asp
http://ferretsheartnsoul.com/index.html
http://www.supportourshelters.org/
Becky Moffitt
There are more on our list that have not yet responded.

Newest Shelter Video