Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 08:39:24 -0400
Hey Hey Hey,

I love names.  It has been said that a name is the first prophesy given a
being so I try to be careful and creative in the names given.

Jubilee, my first ferret, tiny little sable female and so full of joy and
life, she is just downright jubilant!

RinkyDink, a champagne point, tiny, hence the name.  Also, too many
possiblities for fun nicknames.

LunaMoon, Dark eyed, marked white.  Has black spot on back and stripe
down tail.  Named after the moon.  Very gentle and loving, but can also
get quite spastic, much like a full moon.

Sassafrass, rescue, fully hooded sable female.  Has white rings around
her eyes, looks as if she is wearing makeup.  Exotic looking, very very
dainty but definitely has some spunk.

Navidad, long lean chocolate machine.  Peacemaker, gentle, easily spooked
and very shy.  Was a Christmas present.

Blaze, husband named him cause he is a Blaze.  I would have named him
Chaplin, after Charlie, I can just see him with his top hat and cane,
walking with his feet out.  Reminds me a lot of Chaplin.  He is a silver
mitt blaze.

Bonkers, his first name was Duracel as he had a red cast to his coat, was
a kit and was full of energy.  My husband hated the name and insisted I
change it if I wanted to keep him so the name was changed to Bonkers,
which he is.  He is so bonkers, he runs headlong into things, and we call
him Bonkity Bonk Bonk.  He is now a silver mitt wanna be blaze, it is
more of a spot than blaze.

and my dearly departed babies,

Frolic, sable mitt, chattered away and played and played.  Passed during
right adrenal surgery.

Sterling, rescued as a kit, found wandering around outside.  Gorgeous
silver mitt, panda.  Most beautiful ferret I have ever seen.  She was
named for her beauty.  I used to call her my uptown ferret.  She was an
escape artist and that cost her her life at just under a year old.

BigFun, Frolic's cage mate was a huge dark sable male.  You could almost
hear him run, and he loved to play tag.  Largest ferret in my business.
Lost him to cancer.

Pepsi, was Sassafrass cage mate, dark sable male, loved toys, any kind of
toys, full of pep.  Lost him to cardio.

Noble, light sable rescue.  Came in with Blaze and the name of Turd and
we weren't having that.  Chose a name that gave him dignity.  Was the
most gentle loving ferret.  I loved my old man and I dont think I will
ever get over his loss.  There is still a huge hole where he resided in
my life.

Then there are the dogs,

Abunaki Unsoma a wolf hybrid.  His name means clan of the wolf spirit
quide.  His short name is Naki or NakNak.

Nasty, Naki's wife is a stunning red/gold chow mix.  Named Nasty for her
eating habits.  Like all chows she is a very messy eater.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang