From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:58:54 -0500
Adrenal disease (I'd start with the first one.):
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
http://home.att.net/~hhoefer/medical_newsletters.htm
http://www.lbah.com/Ferrets/ferret_diseases.htm
http://www.petcarevabeach.com/ferretservices.html
http://www.peteducation.com/index.cfm?cls=11 (though they really should
  point out that most adrenal growths are benign even though they still
  need surgery and if not surgery then meds)
http://www.westendanimal.com/
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=SRC&S=1&SourceID=43

are all sites by vets with info on adrenal disease.

For further special medical adrenal disease info I find these and
others useful:
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG7311
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG6795
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG6593
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG6477
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG6389
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/browse.php?msg=SG5436

You wrote:
>Please no flames.  I know now I shouldn't be a mother to 8 furkids
>because I have a hard time paying for their bills.

I hope that others will read your comments before they get too many.
This is a topic which comes up often: that the care they require when
ill DOES take a lot of time and a lot of money so folks should plan
accordingly.  In expensive areas like our's (North Central NJ) we find
that an average of $5,000 over the lifetime of an individual ferret is
pretty typical in our household.  I've heard lower (but still high)
amounts for some other parts of the nation.

It strikes me: have I heard somewhere that there is a charity which helps
those who are ill with vet care costs?  That rings a bell but it might
just have been a charity for one localized area.  Anyone know of anything
like that?  (I know that locally in one practice a number of us used to
give to help care for the animals in such situations but we use a
different practice now and I know of other hospitals which have done
similar things, I but I think that *MAYBE* I read of something larger at
some point.