From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:43:22 -0700
>From:    Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: How STAR* lists people

<sigh>

>From:    Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Descenting issues
>bill & diane killian wrote:
>>before.  Well there have been really odd ferrets that poof more than others
>>and have a pscychological need for descenting.  None I know personally but
>>have heard of a few.

>Easel was one, we had her descented,

Then we have to admit we have met one of the poofy ones... Sorry we'd
forgotten which they were.  Easel's a pretty nifty ferret too.  We would
never accuse you of doing anything un-necessary to harm your ferrets but you
knew that.  Sometimes you have to do things you don't really want to.

>From:    TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: anal impaction problem/Lincoln, NE club?
>(1) How common is it for early spay/neuters to be de-scented as well...

Near 100%.

>Should I consider having the rest of the malfunctioning gland removed?

Sounds prudent but we'd consider getting at least a second opinon from a
different vet.

>From:    Kirk & Gaye Stantis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A Scare!

This falling or crawling and getting stuck between heavy objects and walls
is all too common.  We've known it to happen with other brands of cages and
sewing machines for example.  Consider yourself fortunate for finding your
jill in time.

>From:    Patricia Matijasevic <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret shelters??
>hi!  i live in the NY (Manhattan/Bronx/Westchester) area, and i would like
>to volunteer my time at a ferret shelter...are there any in the area that
>need some help??

Ironic after the shelter list discussion.

Check out
http://www.ferret.org/afashltr.htm
http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/for-others/database.html

bill and diane killian