From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2011 00:49:52 -0400
In answer to the following....
>"The other day it said they needed 500 signatures and we needed
>100more. Posted it to my Ferretocious Forum on Facebook and now it
>says it's "564 of 1,000"

The above is an automatic "update" by the change.org system so everyone
can see how well (or not well) their cause is doing. The writer has and
continues to post REAL (as in non-automated) updates in the PETITION
ACTIVITY of every petition.

However, just like FB, you can edit your email updates to keep these
messages in check.
(from the FUROalert FB post) In the upper right of their screen (when @
change.org), there is a link that says SETTINGS. It will bring up a new
page where there is a link that says EMAIL SETTINGS. They can
uncheck/check any you want, but if you uncheck "There is an update to a
petition I've signed" you will stop receiving the NON-automated, real
updates.

If you have any questions regarding the petitions or need any help
finding your way around change.org, please do not hesitate to address
questions directly to myself via the FML or via Facebook as I am the
owner and maintainer of the FURO petitions ( FB user, FUROalert ).

[DA]