Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:03:07 -0900
>Our little Clancy is going to be going to the Rainbow Bridge soon
>and I am very concerned what it will do to her cage mate Andy.

When I adopted Isadora and Duncan, both DMK rescues, Issy was VERY
protective of Duncan. I was so concerned about what would happen to
Issy if she lost him. She did. It took a bit of time, but she accepted
Koko, another rescue, and started sleeping with her. Then Koko died.
Isadora accepted Marshall a few months later and began sleeping with
him. Marshall died in January and Isadora just lay there with her head
on his little body. She has yet to take up with any of the other 5
ferrets I have. I just took in two to foster and they are the soft,
fearful kind that she likes so I am hoping that she is able to bond
with one or more of them. She is now at least 6 years old and I am
sure it is hard. So, we will see what happens with that. But, I can
tell you that if you get another one who is about the same temperament
as Clancy, it may help. I had to let her accept them, but she did on
her terms.

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we