Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:44:55 -0700
Hello eveyone,

Well, after the site was down for about 24 hours, it is now working
again-- another strange thing about this contest!

As some of you know, I entered a photo contest a while ago partly
because there was a People's Choice section and I thought it would be
such a great thing (especially for those of us in California) if a
ferret were to win this. I have entered the juried section and that is
what I hope to win professionally but I thought it would be terrific if
ferrets won The People's Choice.

I'm not interested in the prizes: a digital camera (I shoot film), a
crumpler bag (I don't even know what that is), a large print (I make my
own), an on line portfolio of sorts (already have that). But I think it
would be so uplifting for everyone if ferrets won The People's Choice
category. Can you imagine? They might win over a dog, cat, even human?

The original deadline was this past Monday and the image was a clear
winner but without saying a word, the sponsors moved the deadline to
this Saturday PST at midnight! Another image has moved up so fast that
I don't know if we can keep the lead without your help. I"m more than
a little miffed and hope they didn't do this because, as one person
suggested, they didn't want a ferret to win.

So, I'm now on a mission to try to make sure they do win as they should
have on Monday but can't do it without help. Would you take a moment to
let your members (and friends and family) know about the contest and
that they too can vote? The image is the poster from the 2010 Ferret
Calendar.

Here is the link:

http://facesphotocontest.com/bin/Rate?image_id=1009403978

It only takes seconds to vote, and I hope you will pass this along to
any large (or small) e-mail list you might have.

Thanks so much for your help.

Jeanne