From:
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:27:14 EST
Just wanted to say that I am very sad about people leaving the list because
of fighting and pettiness.  We have to understand with as many people on
this list , that there will be differences of opnion, thats just the real
world.  But attacking people personally is another thing.  When I joined
this list, I was attacked as a shelter and responed very harshly in return,
I regret doing that because it just lowered myself to the other persons
level.

Since then I have never responed to posts that make me mad, I just over
look them.  I think that if we all did that or responeded to the person
posting personally that the FML can again become a great list that is fun
to read, no just skim through.  The FML is not a boxing ring, its a source
of information and a place for us to share our stories, medical problems of
ferrets and such info.  Remember no one is perfect, we all make mistakes
and we just have to get on with life and what is really important, the
ferrets!

As you may have noticed, I haven't posted any more tattoo stories or Funny
Farm stories, I saw that someone was offended about them and that hurt my
feelings, I was just trying to lighten up the list because of attacks on a
certain shelter mom.  I didn't think it was getting to personal, I loved
seeing the tattoo posts from other closet tattooed people, LOL.

But you can't please everyone, and I stopped trying to do that many years
ago.  BTW, Erin and I had our ears tattooed with 2 F's, for Funny Farm, its
on the back of our left ears, so now we are marked like our ferrets!  We
though it would be funny if other ferret folks did it too, it would be like
a secret socitey of ferret fanatics.  My tattoo guy Boom also did a ferret
tattoo on my arm and one on Erin's neck, what a great job.  We are preping
him to become the worlds greatest ferret tattoo artist!

So please take time to enjoy this list that BIG does such a great job in
moderating, if you don't enjoy it why bother to be a member, just to
nitpick and fight?  I second a motion for another list just for the
troublemakers.  Well gotta go scoop the poop!

CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Visit us at:  http://www.geocities.com/a_24k_ferret/, and please sign our
guest book.
Our next adoptathon is on Feb 24th at Petco on Spring Mt. and Rainbow, hope
to see you there.