From:
"Heather M. Abbott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:03:21 -0700
Hi, I am new to the ferret world and I was hoping someone would be able to
help me out with a couple of questions I have.  First my ferrets' name is
Sidney and he is 3 months old.  Let me tell you he is the cutest little guy
and I am totally inlove.  Now for the questions, first, I can't get the
little guy to stop biting,.  I am no too worried now because it doesn't
really hurt, but when he gets older I don't want him biting.  I tried all
the things the books and websites told me to (scruffing, telling him no,
taping him lightly on the nose), but nothing seems to work.  Is the reason
this stuff isn't working because of his age, what are the chances of him
growing out of it?  My second question is when I put Sidney back in his
cage, he bites the bars for about 20 minute then he finally falls asleep,
is this normal?  I can't seem to get him to stop this either and I am
worried he might hurt himself.  Last question and this one might sound
silly.  Somebody asked me what color Sidneys eyes were and when I told them
dark red, they looked at me like I have 2 heads.  Sidney is light brown,
with a white belly, white neck and a white spot on the top of his head.  Is
this normal for him to have dark red eyes?  I am sorry if I sound silly, I
am just hoping someone can help me.

Thanks,
Heather