Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:38:26 -0500
Bailey (DEW) and Bridget (black sable): from a woman that special
ordered 3 ferrets for her 4yr old daughter for xmas 2002 and her
husband gave her a puppy.  Needless to say she was overwhelmed!

The 3rd, Sweetie, a cinnamon, was given to someone else and 2 yrs later
was given to me.  So now all 3 original cage mates are back together.

Brynn a silver, now a DEW, and Brooke (RIP) a silver, were taken from a
home that was feeding them bird seed, they never had a proper diet for
the first 3 yrs of life so they are about the size of a kit.  Brooke died
of insulinoma, lymphoma and bilateral adrenal disease in July.

Brogan, albino, and Braeden, sable, were given to me by a pregnant girl
who had to move back in with her mom.  Braeden died 9/03 of lymphoma and
Brogan 10/04 of bilateral adrenal disease.

Bowie, an albino, came from a pet store that was going to have her put
down because no one would buy her because she bit a customers ear and
the employees were afraid of her.  She was kept in a cage with cats and
kittens.  I had to wear gloves for a few weeks to hold her.

Bonnie, a bibbed black sable with red eyes, was another bad biter from
a different pet store.  She was being fed bird seed and her cage was at
the bottom of a large stack of cages in a corner next to a noisy parrot.
Employees were afraid of her because she bit.  Because the pet store was
so noisy from the birds she will still bite if it's too noisy.  She was
released to me Jan. 2004

Pepper, a silver panda-ish mutt, was returned to Petco because she is
deaf and has fused discs in her spine causing her to walk funny.  She
was going to be euthanized but was released to me in April 04.

Dylan, a chocolate, was given to my boyfriend in April '05 by one of
his high school students that couldn't keep him.

Baxter, a silver, was going to be put down, but a local vet called me
and had the owner give him to me.  He was completely bald and has had
adrenal and insulinoma surgery since I got him last Oct.  He is the most
awesome ferret!  He was raised with a puppy so he thinks he's a dog, he
fetches, rolls over and sits up!

Bear, a big black sable, is from a local breeder.  He is neutered but
not descented.  He was a dorm room pet, until the RA found out, at the
college I go to about half an hour away.  Small school...word got around
that I have ferrets so he was given to me.

Casper, a big albino, was left in a cage on my doorstep 10/28/05.  He
had no fur, except on his head, and was skin and bones and smelled like
garbage.  He has a lump on his neck, a "puddle" of saliva in his neck,
because the tube that carries saliva to his mouth ruptured from some
type of trauma.  If it doesn't heal on it's own, it will be surgically
repaired.  He was afraid to be held, now he loves to cuddle.  He weighed
1lb 5 oz on 10/29, today he weighs 2lb 5oz.

Beemer and Bentley, a silver and a sable, were given to me by someone
going away to college.  They are both almost 3 and wild boys!

I also sponsor Beku at Lakeroad FerretFarm Shelter.  She is a very sweet
little girl who loves to sleep in my arms.  She lost her cage mate,
Dartanian, in May.  I'm lucky to live close enough to visit her at
least once a month.

You would think I'm a shelter with the way these fur kids find me!
Check out the fur kids web site
http://home.earthlink.net/~nthompson607/
most of them are on there.

Nicky