From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:51:03 EDT
First I'd just like to say that I hope everyone and their fuzzbutts are
doing well :)  And I would also like to express how sorry I am for those
that have lost fuzzies in the past weeks.  We lost our Kirby and Oppie
last month, both suddenly (Oppie died in his sleep at 3 1/2 yrs, and Kirby
became sick and needed to be put down a week later at not even 2 yrs), so I
do understand the pain, and shock (to those that left unexpectedly) you
must be going through.

Somehow I've collected tons of coupons for ProPlan and Nutro cat food (and
I think there's a couple of BilJac ones also) through them being sent to
me, given to me (at stores) and getting them in bags of food.  I used to
use these brands, but have since switched, so they are going to waste by
keeping them here.  Most are $2 off, some are $4, and I think there may be
a free bag or two.  So, if any shelters out there need some coupons, let me
know (email your address and what type of food).  How many coupons I send
out will depend on the number of responses I get.  I'll take down names
until the beginning of next week, and then send them out.  Just trying to
do my part to help :)

Last two questions, which I'm sure have both been beaten into the ground.
I was looking at the Swheat Scoop (I think that's what it's called) litter,
and was wondering if it's safe to use with the ferts?  It's made of wheat,
and clumps, and according to the website it's safe if ingested (some
woman's retriever ate a whole bag or something).  And I gave my ferrets a
big tub of rice to dig in, and noticed the last few days they've had some
poops with rice in them.  I took some of the rice to the vet, and asked
him, and he said that the uncooked rice kind of "cooks" in their stomachs
(absorbs moisture).  He also said that as long as it's being passed, and
the poops aren't dryed out and hard that I shouldn't worry.  Anyone have
any input on this?

As always, please try to email me privately on the last two subjects,
unless they really haven't been discussed on the list.  Thanks!

Jaymi and the NY Fur Covered Slinkies
Leroy, Petra, Samson, Calvin, Heidegger, Joe, and Phil
Missed: Bubba, Bear, Kirby, and Oppie