From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 23:38:12 -0400
Hello All!

Wanted to pass the following information along re: Katrina ferrets.
LSU is closing down their operation mid-October.  HOWEVER, all animals
that are being relocated to other shelters/facilities will have the
requirement that any adoptions be CONTINGENT.  Basically, any group
adopting out an animal will have to inform the adopter that the former
owner has the right to reclaim their pet until12/31/05.  I understand
that the major sheltering organizations are adopting the same policy.
Probably as it makes so much sense.

The full text is available here:
http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/

I wish they would have made it March 31, 2006 as I have come to believe
there are still a lot of people in limbo and not even aware there are
places to post for or seek lost animals.  If you can't find your human
family and relatives . . . . sigh.

Wanted all to be aware of this.  If you are sheltering, fostering, or
caring for any disaster pets, this is probably a very humane and
empathetic policy to adopt.  Organizationally FACT is behind it 100%.

(Permission to cross post).

Ann Gruden
FACT - Ferret Association of CT, Inc.