From:
Jaclyn Dianne Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:54:16 -0500
Hello all, General zoo around here as usual.

The other day, someone mentioned the controversial Midwest ferret playpens.
I was wondering why they are controversial.  I got one from my grandparent's
for Christmas.  It is working out great (even though it seems to take up a
1/4 of my living room).  I keep two or three towels on the first floor along
with a litter box in one corner and food and water bowels in the other.
Also, there is a cardboard box on its side with a towel for sleeping in the
dark.  There are three hammocks hanging in different spots and I plan to
cover the ladders and shelves with carpet.  I can't see any potential
trouble, except for a foot caught in the ladder which is why I want to use
the carpet.  It is much bigger than what I had before, so I don't feel *too*
bad about going out all day if need be.  Also, the big size lends itself to
any ferret math that might occur.  :) Today, Trevor got something in his eye
and walked around squinting it for awhile, I rinsed it and was going to take
him to the vet if need be but now, he seems much better.  Is there anything
I can do for him should this happen again or should I go directly to the
vet?

And there was somehting else I wanted to ask, but it eludes me...so I'll
write should I remember it.     Thank you, Jacki  Kif and Trevor