From:
Sue Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:32:50 EDT
Hi Guys,

I normally do not do this, but a friend needs some help desperately.

My friend is really the person responsible for teaching me ferret math.
At one point she had six ferrets, but now is down to two.  And, she needs
to find these guys a home, and quick.  See, her story is like so many
others who have to give up their furbabies: she became involved with
someone, became pregnant, had to move to Florida in a unexpected hurry,
the situation did NOT work out, so she came back to Mass plus a child,
minus a boyfriend.  She has to, unfortunately, go into a shelter herself
with her daughter and needs to find a forever home for her babies.

She's called me crying because she didn't want to give them up.  I would
take them but I cannot....I have four and my landlord (hehe) only knows
of two.  It's hard to play "hide the ferrets" when he comes over.  Always
gives me notice of course, but still hard.  She knows that I do a lot of
work for a shelter out in Western Mass (at least I was active until I had
my back surgery a few months ago) and adopted two of my four from there
(also adopted Paul, who recently went to the bridge).  Donna is full to
the brink, and can't take them.  Can anyone help with these guys?

They are Max and Gyro.  Max is 6, and an albino.  Gyro is 2.  Gyro is a
cinnamon boy.  Both males.  I believe one is deaf but not sure which
one...I can't find my notes but can get that clarified before someone
emails me.  Both Bonded....they must be kept together.  Because of my
friend's situation, with moving back and forth so much, she has not been
able to keep up with their shots but they are in great health.  She won't
even go to a ferret function (I invited her to go to ferretstock when she
was up here last) because she didn't want to expose her babies to
anything.  Not even to have another ferret she didn't know on her hands
and bring something back home.  She always took excellent care of them.

Can anyone help these babies and my friend?  She's so upset she has to
give them up but knows she has to, for their health and well being.

Please email me at [log in to unmask]

Sue
and the fab four
Dante, Toby, Templeton and Nala
and missing Paul, our angel

[P.S.]
I suppose I should have added where these little guys are....they are
in the Boston, MA area.  I live south of Boston and can assist in
transporting them anywhere in New England within reason.  Please email
me with any questions.....

Sue