From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:06:50 -0400
Hi everyone!

I just found out that a bill to do away with the ferret license in New York
State was signed by Governor Pataki on August 25th.  I called the special
licensing unit (518-457-0689) to verify this.

We don't need licenses anymore!

It apparently does not change the classification of ferrets, only removes
the licensing requirement.  So it doesn't do anything for New York City.

Mary & the Slinky Seven

Mary R. Shefferman, Editor
Sabrina, Ralph, Marshmallow, Knuks, Trixie, Bosco da Gama, & Balthazar,
Ferrets
MODERN FERRET Magazine
http://www.modernferret.com