From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 09:35:59 -0500
I know everyone has one or more Daredevil Cage Climbing Ferts! One of
my small girls, Sprite, used to climb the Furo Mafia cage and make a
two foot Leap Of Faith, to the top of the refrigerator.

Well, I have constructed a Fert Climbing Deterrent, around the front
and sides of the Brat Pack and Furo Mafia cages. After two weeks of
testing, only Sprite has been able to get past the barrier. But, not
any longer.

Okay, now that I have your attention, here is what I did.

After I purchased a ten foot length of three inch diameter white
plastic drainage pipe, two elbow fittings and two end caps, I assembled
the barrier and attached it to the side by side cages, using tie-wraps.
I purchased the parts, from Ace Hardware, for less than $10.00 plus
tax. The centerline of the pipe barrier is about eighteen inches off
the floor. It is high enough to keep a kiddie, from jumping over it,
to the cage wires. The three inch diameter pipe keeps my kiddies, from
climbing over.

If you decide to make a Fert Climbing Deterrent, do not use glue, when
putting it together. This way, you can take it apart. Remember, when
you use elbow connectors, you need to deduct the elbow radus, from the
pipe length.

Smiles,
Arlena
Ferrets Rule My World!
Owned By The Brat Pack And The Furo Mafia!
Every Ferret Has A Song And Dance!