Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 02:24:29 EST
>I recently read the article posted about a breeder by the name of
>Doug. You know what I do not understand? Why is it not as punishable
>by law, for people to hurt animals as it is for hurting people? Why? I
>do not understand how the government or law enforcement cannot step up
>and persecute these people and send them to jail for a very long time
>for the cruelty they inflict on these poor defenseless animals. I do
>not know of this breeder...

Hi Gina ~

It is illegal in some states to mistreat animals. Remember all of the
horse stories on the news a few years ago? Those people were sent to
jail. I think it might help to check the state in question and look up
the animal mistreatment statute (if there is one). In many states now
there are "Animal Cruelty" laws. Then lodge a complaint and sign it at
the local police station. If a lot of local people do this and possibly
get local press to cover it, local officials can't look the other way.
Also Anderson Cooper of CNN currently has a program where they look
into local problems. Just go to <http://www.AndersonCooper/360.com>
and begin a writing campaign.

Warmly ~

Mary
missing Calvin/loving Bandit, Flower, Snickers, Miss Jazzy and
Ling-ling (I really didn't name Flower, she came from the humane
society with that name and she is snow white like a white lotus
blossom...sort of fits!)