From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:16:36 -0400
See the last paragraph in this article by Dr. Jerry Murray:
<http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/critter-columns/notes-from-an-exotic-small-animal-vet/120725-a-hedgehog-a-rabbit-and-some-exciting-ferret-news.aspx>

For more details see this article below (Note that I do disagree with
the shelter person about rates having personally run into about a third
with adrenal disease in their lifetimes in our three decades (and
hoping to decrease that further with annual Suprelorin implants for
prophylaxis) with ferrets, BUT shelters do tend to get ferrets who have
not had sufficient and proper care in their previous homes and could
have been through circumstances like way too much light exposure that
increase LH output while also not receiving prophylaxis once that
became available (first with early Spring Lupron depot and now with
Suprelorin implants).
<http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/critter-news/2012/06/29/deslorelin-drug-soon-more-readily-available-for-u-s-ferrets.aspx>

Sukie (not a vet) Ferrets make the world a game.

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/