Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:41:35 -0400
Hi all
I know I really do not like posting things that have been discussed in the
past...but..  I need to inform you that Marshall Farms no longer asks for
the ferrets back if there is a defect.  Today I received an email from
them clearly staing how to go about receiving a refund if any ferret has
a defect.  For me my blaze ferret is deaf and I was very upset that they
breed blaze ferrets knowing full well some can be born deaf.  I will
exclude the personal information and leave the important information in
case anyone here needs to receive a refund from Marshall Farms.

I thank Wolfy each day for her wonderful web site that has tons of
information on deafness in ferrets,along with other information about
ferrets.

Thank you BG for letting me post this( I hope).  I never ever want to start
problems here for you..If this post cannot be posted just let me know.

ferret hugs to all,
Michele

Here is the email I received today:

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for writing Marshall Pet Products.  We are very sorry to hear
about the situation that you are experiencing with your ferret.

Although blazes are often prone to deafness, this is not always the case.
There are many, many blazes that are not deaf.  Note: Deaf ferrets make
great pets although they take a little extra care and you have to be
careful not to startle them.

Deafness is covered under our one year guarantee.  To file a claim, you
simply need to submit the following information:

1. a copy of your guarantee card;
2. a copy of your receipt for the purchase of the ferret;
3. a copy of the UPC symbol from your package of Marshall Premium Ferret
   Diet; and
4. a copy of the report from your veterinarian confirming the deafness.

You may fax this infomation to us at 315-594-1956.  Please include your
full name, address and a daytime phone number where you may be reached.

Our policy is to refund the purchase price of your pet once this
information is received and reviewed by our staff.

If you have any questions, please call the Customer Service Dept. at
1-800-292-3424.  We are open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Eastern time, Monday
thru Friday.

Best Regards,

Marshall Pet Products
Customer Service Dept.