From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 11:04:58 -0700
Hi,

I wrote a couple messages to list, posted a couple days ago, but haven't
heard anything yet.  I sure would like a reply to vaccination ?'s, as I'm
going to take my seven in on Friday - mobile vac. clinic - and need to
know if they should have a series of two shots, how far apart, etc.  Does
anybody have any answers to my postings??

BTW, my SO and I were walking on the beach Saturday and saw a "big brown
ferret" strolling down to the water!!  Of course, it was a sea otter, but
it moved and looked just like a big ferret.  It went to the water's lip and
slid right into the water and out to sea, diving and coming up, diving and
surfacing, fishing for lunch.  Then it brought it's catch back to the shore
and munched away, moving its head just like a little carpet shark.  It was
so cute I just wanted to run up and hug it, but we kept our respectful
distance so it wouldn't be frightened into the water and leave its lunch
behind.  It was watching us though, and wasn't at all fazed by us or the
half dozen seagulls squacking nearby it begging for a treat.  After lunch,
it was off for a frolic in the sea.  It didn't have any friends around :(,
and was in an area with homes on the beach at Alki Point in Seattle.  I've
seen otters twice around Lincoln Park.  Just like little water ferrets --
so cute!!  I hope he or she can take good care of herself at these public
parks (Just and aside).

Lynn Mc.