From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:12:36 -0500
When our youngest niece was very small we put stamped, self-addressed
postcards w the gift name. The cards were large enough for her to write
thanks and a little more on them. A sense of entitlement is one of the
more obnoxious things a person can have in relation to gifts. These
days she is grown and we do not send her gifts. She is improving so
we will see how she progresses. We do exchange gifts w one niece who
not only thanks us but surprises us with homemade gifts when her time
allows (she is putting herself through nursing school while supporting
two kids now that her hubby is gone). Yes, we thank her, too.

Anyway, try the self addressed stamped postcard trick... Sometimes what
works for kiddies also works for adults, and the ones who would send
thanks anyway will be saved the cost of a stamp and probably add on a
sweet little note of appreciation.