From:
"Karen Purcell, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 15:26:32 +0000
Hi, folks,
Just a note on the yeast/garlic supplement.  Not to downplay Kelleen's
enthusiasm, but there have been no scientific studies of this in relation to
cancer prevention to my knowledge.  There is a much more common belief that
this combination repels fleas, which may be partially true, i.e.  not all
cases show a response, but again, no eveidence other than anecdotal is
available at this time.

By the way, yeast and garlic are a fine supplement to get finicky animals to
eat, I use it all the time.  Also, animals on Brewer's yeast do tend to have
nicer coats (anecdotal, I know, but noticeable none the less).

Just my 0.02 from the veterinary standpoint,

-Dr. Karen