From:
HannahBelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:32:44 -0700
To Wendy Hochman,

Why - why why why - would anyone choose to house their ferrets outdoors?
I know that things are different overseas, but here in the U.S., ferrets
should be in your house, as part of your family.  Inside they are safe
from heartworm-carrying mosquitoes and fleas and ticks, predators, and
the elements.  I can't imagine housing a member of my family outside,
because, after all, that's what my ferret is to me - a valued member of
my family.  My ferret gets plenty of stimulation on harnessed walks and
supervised outings and fun toys indoors.

I'm in New England, too.  It's getting cold here already!  Please bring
your ferrets indoors where they are safe, where they can interact with
you and be the pampered, cherished housepets that they are supposed to
be.  You are incredibly lucky that your ferret returned to his outdoor
pen unscathed, and I wouldn't push your luck a second time.  You lost a
cat to coyotes and almost just lost Pan, so how many animals does it take
for you to learn your lesson and bring your ferrets (and cats) indoors?

Sincerely,
Hannah S.