From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 05:05:25 -0500
I had kind of a neat idea for holiday decorating that I wanted to share,
because I know there are a lot of ferret owners out there that live in
apartments like we do, and have limited space.  The last few years I
haven't had the pleasure of decorating for Christmas, mostly because I
wasn't home for most of the holiday season.  This year it looks like I
will be home (can't get an airline that will take the fuzzits, and my mom
said that she understands I'm grown up and have a life - hooray!) and I was
thinking about where we would fit a tree.  The only space that would have
accomidated it one is taken up by a rather large cage with many levels full
of blankies and hammocks and doo dads, gee I wonder who lives there?  But
then I got a groovy idea that we're going to try that will allow us to have
a good sized tree, be able to see it, and do some good for animals all at
once.

We're going to put our tree on our deck, put lights on it that we'll plug
in via a light socket plug adapter to the porch light, and then on the rest
of the tree we're going to hang small birdseed bells and suet cakes and
whatnot so the birds can eat off of the tree!  We'll be able to see the
tree through the sliding glass door, our neighbors will be able to see it
too and it will be out of reach of our four legged fuzzits.  Just a keen
idea that I thought I would share.

Robynn