From:
Barbara A Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:48:10 -0400
>My point: if that iguana could hurt me that badly, and he was going after
>the ferret, he could have done serious damage to Shadow as well.

My son's iguana wasn't so big and the ferret did an "Arnold Schwartznigger"
and *bent the cage door* back!  It chomped on that poor iguana numerous
times.  I felt so bad for the poor thing, having nowhere to go and not being
able to get away.  The ferret had pierced both ears, it was in shock, its
eye was punctured, etc.  Eeeeeyuck.  I took it to an all-night emergency vet
and it lived.  Doesn't LOOK so good anymore (horrible scars on its head, one
eye very very strange) but it's alive.  It's been 4 weeks since the attack
and only NOW is the thing eating by itself again.  If you think
force-feeding a ferret is tough, try an iguana!  O_O It's still shedding the
last of the scabs from the wounds.  It's ears are more or less closed and
it's not entirely deaf.  It still has one good eye and has decided it likes
people a WHO LOT better than any other animal.  The ferrets didn't have a
mark on them.  We put a door at the top of the basement stairs so the
ferrets won't ever get down there again.  I still have nightmares about that
poor iguana.

--Barb--