From:
Amy Luttinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1993 18:01:00 -0400
Vicki and Nancy offered good advise in this department, I just thought
I would add a little more:
If you get a ferret with fleas (or other "bugs") and dont have any or much of
an infestation problem, you can shampoo them with Johnson's Baby Shampoo.
This is (Probably) good for any small pet and especially for any weak,
sick or old
pet that you don't wish to expose to toxic chemicals. Any soap will kill
fleas (but not eggs) and most insects. Johnsons Baby Shampoo doesnt bother
the eyes (really, and this isnt true for all baby shampoos).
When I had very bad infestations, I took all the pets out of the house for the
 day (and plants too), covered the fish tanks and bombed. I think that is the
only way to kill them all. The pets  got the Baby shampoo treatment
before being released into the house. (The advantage of  some of the flea
shampoos is that they kill eggs and repel fleas for a while. )

I am interested in the ferret that is laying its toys in a line in the middle
of the room. Is She counting them? If you hide one, does she know its gone and
look for it?
My ferret shows no interest in order of any type. (mine or hers)
- amy, and wigglesworth (the ferret)