From:
Anita Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:58:05 -0400
Hi All,

About 1 1/2 weeks ago we got a new bouncing 12 week old male.  We have two 4
yr old females.  The new boy is already bigger and stronger than either of
our little girls.  A few days ago one of the girls started to get diarrhea.
She went to the vet on Tue and she had no temperature and the vet said that
it was not a bacterial infection.  I thought it was stress related, she
doesn't seem to like the new ferret much and have been keeping them
separated as much as possible for the last few days.

The vet gave me an antibiotic to give her, she has not improved at all.

Symptoms:
yellow, watery diarrhea
no vomiting, but see her "gagging" after drinking water. (have not seen
  her eat since Monday night, but work all day)
Tues night was still active
Weds night less energy.
No temperature

This morning, I notice that our second girl is getting the same diarrhea and
saw her "gag" but not vomit after drinking.

Last night I force fed Buddy (the one that went to the vet) Pedialyte and
some Suscatal.  Tonight I plan on doing the same and preparing a duck soup
recipe for both.

Is this ECE??  The vet says he's read about it but has seen no treatment
(drugs).  I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced this and
what worked for you!

Thanks,
Anita Klein
sick Buddy, sick Binky, big baby Bernie