From:
Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:31:36 -0600
Hi everyone!
Hope all humans and fuzzies are doing ok and the sick ones getting better

I haven t posted in SO long but I m still always lurking and being touched
by all the funny, sweet and sometimes so sad stories from this precious
community.  And always learning so much too!

Things are alright over here, everyone healthy thank God.

Snowed yesterday, not much but I love it!  So even though Logan, Leeloo
and Salma had already gone for a walk this week, I took them quickly to
see the snow!  (there wasn t enough to scoop up and bring to our place).
It wasn t that horribly cold but I made it short since Logan s winter fur
still doesn t look as thick as it can get.  Well, when we go to the park
(which is practically next door) I carry them in a warm backpack anyway,
with towels and stuff, which I set on the floor while they explore and
dig This way they can always run back inside whenever they get scared,
cold or tired (even though they usually prefer to climb up my legs and
hide inside my jacket). :-)

Watching them sniff and dig made me wonder Are albinos more prone to like
snow than other color fuzzies?  (So many albino or light colored animals
living in areas with snow in nature right?) I know it s a silly question
but at least between the 3 here, only the albino alpha- sweetie Leeloo
seem to be fascinated and want to walk all over the place the longest
time!  So tiny and so brave, digging on the snow and looking around with
those cute pink eyes.  (I m glad she has the brightest chest-collar
otherwise she d be invisible LOL!)

And speaking of tiny, I finally took a photo with Leeloo and baby Salma
standing up side by side, it is just incredible the difference!  How did
I end up being owned by two complete extremes as fuzzy girls?!  Leeloo
the size of a kit and Salma the size of a male!  I guess that s as big as
Salma will get tough, being 6 months and all Do you guys remember when I
was asking for help that Leeloo kept biting the recently adopted baby
Salma?  I m happy to say how the acceptance period only lasted a month,
and you should see them playing and wrestling together now!  Leeloo still
kicks butt even though Salma sometimes sits on her making Leeloo disappear
under her huge body (yep, Salma has put a LOT of winter fat, even worries
me a little!  She s about 2 kilos now!!!!!  I hope she goes back to normal
in Spring!  Maybe not having being spayed yet, being her 1st winter and
eating so much meat and bone ).

Anyway, I don t wanna bore anyone, just wanted to say Hi and send a big
hug with warm Christmas wishes from the 4 of us! :-D

If you wanna see the picture of the girls side by side, feel free to pop
by at http://cperth.vilabol.uol.com.br/leelooe.htm

And there s a new photo of them going for a walk (new ones in snow coming
up!) http://cperth.vilabol.uol.com.br/outside.htm

The site s still under construction, so only a couple of photos like this
one are new.  (hasn't Salma changed a lot?!!)

Oh!  And if anyone s thinking of a good X-mas present for a ferret human
or vet, I would recommend the well known Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents
Clinical Medicine and Surgery which I finally bought!  I agree that it s
just great to have (a must!) and to take with us to the vet (especially
the ones without ferret knowledge!).  A few heartbreaking pictures (like
of the poor ferret with distemper, cause you know he died) :-( but I wish
there were many more and in color, for the good of the sick fuzzies!

Well, take care then you all,
And hugs and dooks to everyone!!!
Chris, Leeloo (tiny!), Salma (big girl) and Logan (er I guess small for a
boy?).