From:
"Carol Ann Quinville (and kids!)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 14:19:15 EST
    To: Staudt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets and Christmas
What shouldn't you have with free roaming ferrets?  Well, a giant Christmas
tree all decorated real pretty is a start as it won't last long.  Bummer,
huh?  Then how about a small table top one someplace they can't get to all
decorated real pretty?

No?  Then how about a giant tree, decorated the following: (This is from
experience) No Tinsel (like cats....it can kill them if eaten), lights
blaring only when they are in their cage or they can get burnt, Plastic
silk ornaments, no strings of garland, popcorn, etc.  Try strings of
Cherrios or Corn Chex......of course they won't last too long but it fun to
watch.  Hang little bells all over it so you'll know when they are in the
tree, otherwise they can be rather quiet.  And no wrapped presents until
Christmas Eve or day as they (if they were like my Stinkey and Rascal) will
open EVERY ONE, SHRED THE WRAPPING, EAT THE RIBBONS (can kill them), ETC.
Stinkey was so good at it that I run a home business and she could open a
package sealed with heavy sealing tape in just a few minutes.  Then she
would remove all the goodies and dive in the foam packing.  By then all her
buddies were there to dive too.  Foam was usually everywhere!  The foam
used these days is water soluble so would melt if wet.  They tried easting
some one day but didn't apparently like the taste so I never had that
problem anymore.

Good luck to everyone with any Christmas decorations.  Although it was very
funny at times to watch the destruction.  Whew!

    To: Drew Koehler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Death......"Little one"
I cried many tears for your loss as I have lost many.  But rest assured
your "Little One" is waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge.  Have your read
the poem?  Have you read the poam about the Guardian of all animals?  Just
believe in your heart and after many long years, you'll be amazed that when
your time comes to go to Heaven any and all animals you have ever had in
your lifetime will be waiting to greet you once again.  By the time you get
there, everyone will be bestest buddies!  Lobo (folded his paws) and I said
a tiny prayer in your honor while soft music played in the back ground.
Then I lit a candle.  There's a prayer and candle list you can join also
just for our animals.

Love, Cheers, meOWWW!, chuckles, dooks and a howl from the crew......
In Memory of our fuzzies........Our Ferrets: Rascal (chief in charge and
mama's main lover boy, greatest kisser awarded!), Brandy (was always way to
busy to pay attention), May-wee (such a frail wee little baby girl but
fiesty and a real great house-keeper!  OH NO!), Pogo (mama calls me Bubba
cause I'm a real CHUNK!  I was over 5 pounds!), Stinkey (was the great
leader and biggest trouble maker), Rascal (mama's other lover boy, was very
shy but a great kisser too) and Samantha (the best and most fun personality
of all of them).....We miss you all greatly!  But we know in our hearts you
are waiting at the rainbow bridge.  Rascal and Brandy are still living with
a new fun family.  They get to control a hedge hog, 5 cats, 2 large dogs
and an Iguana.  Sounds fun, huh?
Tashe....our cat......long since gone and waiting at the bridge with the
fuzzies. He loved playing with them but knew the top of the computer was
safer!
and now .......
Lobo (the Guard Wolf) and their mama Carol and daddy John too!

Please visit our web site at......(fun pictures!)
http://members.aol.com/emssandy/rascal.htm
Lady [log in to unmask]