From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2008 07:28:06 -0400
During the hot day I bring the cage, ferrets and all, inside where it
is cool. In the evening when it cools I roll the cage out onto the
porch where they spend the night. This keeps them out of the furniture
and gives them all the out time they want.

This morning I was watching blind Peekaboo eat. She will be outside the
cage but will go inside, get a mouth full of food (sneak sneak grab),
then go back outside (whoosh, run, smile), then spit out that mouthful
of kibble (deep breath then PATOOOIE! SPLAT !), and then crouch to eat
her 'stolen' prize (chomp, chew, grind, gulp, burp).

She did this over and over. For some reason she feels better eating
outside the cage than inside. I guess a sub sandwich eaten while
sitting on a log in the woods does taste better than in a sub shop!

Ferrets are smarter than we give them credit for !

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia, 23111
USA