From:
Leslie Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 19:55:13 -0500
I wanted to send a quick thank you to Kevin Farlee of the Washington
Ferret Rescue for addressing something in his January 4 post about
weight scales. It might seem minor in the grand scheme of ferret care
but I liked his advice that if ferret owners don't have one - buy one!
I have 8 ferrets and weigh them at least once a week. More times than
I can count, I've deterred potential tragedy by catching weight
fluctuation. A loss of a few ounces in 3 this September alerted me to
a coccidia outbreak. An ounce speaks volumns when it comes to these
delicate creatures. I ordered by digital scale online for around $20
but you can also get them at gourmet food stores and some dept stores.
Happy weighing and dooking! Leslie Hill

Associate of Richmond Ferret Rescue