From:
Jacqueline Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:43:50 -0700
Earlier this week I adopted two ferrets from the opposite side of the US.
The ferrets flew as air cargo, which is not great for ferrets.  However,
although driving ferrets is better, I want to let FMLers know that for a
price, you can get reasonable air cargo handling for ferrets, in case you
have to use it.

Delta Airlines has a service called 'Delta Dash' for express cargo
handling.  The 'Dash' service meant that the ferrets were put on the first
plane by hand (not machine), promptly hand-carried to the next plane so
that they weren't out in the cold (or heat), and then were the first
article of 'baggage' through the baggage area--they were hand-carried in to
me.  Their total 'airport/airplane' time was under six hours.  I found the
pet desk people to be very helpful.  It was expensive, $163 , but I think
it was worth it in this case.

The ferrets were indeed mildly stressed, but are eating well and playing
now, so I think they're adapting to their new home.  (Lots of kisses--these
two are SWEETIES!)

Jacqueline