From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:01:04 -0800
I haven't asked, (so, BIG, you can get pull this if you want to) but I ran
across a filksong I'd saved, written by Barb Carlson, that makes me giggle
every time I read it. I have it memorized and I sing it often to my big fat
beluga-boy Jasper as he does just this....

My Oscar Lies Over the Food Dish (tune: "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean")

My Oscar lies over the food dish
he won't let the other guys drink
and when other ferrets try eating
my Oscar makes a great big stink.

Oscar, Oscar oh why won't you let them have food, have food?
Oscar, Oscar oh hoarding the water is rude!

I put in two water and food bowls
now Oscar is getting quite stressed
he can't guard the food on two levels
so he's been kicked out for some rest.

Oscar, Oscar oh why won't you let them have food, have food?
Oscar, Oscar oh hoarding the water is rude!

(Originally posted to the FML on Tue, 23 Jun 1998 in honor of Oscar and
Chris Sayne who just adopted him)

Ariel
Jasper(I think I should be insulted), Baxter & Kayla