Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:48:00 EST
Hi there Everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could give ideas on what to do.  I went
in this pet store near me to get my babies some food.  This was my first
time being in this Pet Store.  I decide to take a look around because the
place is sooo small and dirty looking there is no possible way that there
is any room for them to sell animals.  Well, I was wrong, they made room.
They had two young Ferrets, they were definitely not babies though, in a
I would say five gallon tank.  Their water bottle was hanging above where
they go potty and their food was no more then half an inch away from all
of the poop that they obiviously hadn't cleaned in atleast three days or
more.  The sliding glass doors on the front were broken on the edges to
where they could easily stick their nose or paws out and get cut.  The
whole entire tank looked dirty, the dirt was just crusted to the glass.
They don't really even have enough room to walk around.  They had no
choice but to sleep on top of each other, even though that's what Ferrets
often like to do.

The manager wasn't in, so I talk to the two girls that were working there.
Even though I was as nice as possible under those circumstances, they
still rolled their eyes at me and said, " Yeah we know.  People tell us
that it's too small all the time, but we just work here."  I had to leave
before my blood pressure made my head explode.  My Hubby and I are very
honest people and we would never steal but I want to take those little
guys out of there sooo badly.  We wanted to sneak them out under our
jackets.  Is there anything that could be done?  It just doesn't seem
legal for a place to be that dirty and the tanks that small.  There were
no cats or dogs, but there were other animals in the same condition as
the Ferrets.

I'd appreciate any help or info on what to do. I live in Michigan.

Dooks to all!
Toni