From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:41:03 -0500
Dear FML readers:

As Jerri Carel from the Louisville, KY Ferret Haven so perfectly stated
in the 9/25 FML posting:
>It's funny (or not) in the animal advocate circles you can find alot of
>people who are GREAT with animals but have difficulty dealing with other
>people.  IF that's you, OK; we all have our strong areas but please
>recognize your strengths AND weaknesses and do not pollute the FML with
>pettiness and negativity.  I challenge all of us... to stop the bickering
>and poop-slinging that frequents this list.  Funnel that energy toward
>the tasks in front of us and make this a site where newcomers can join
>to find information and feel positive about the leaders in the ferret
>community.

YES!  YES!  YES!  My sentiments EXACTLY!  WELL SAID and NICELY DONE!
Can I please second the motion that to those FML readers/responders who
insist on sharing their strong negative personal opinions, PLEASE do so
directly to the author of the post instead of airing it on the general
FML mailing - ESP. if you are not capable of writing with tact and
politeness - out of respect and courtesy for the FML readers who do NOT
want to read the 'flame' garbage!  You are crowding our posting space!

How much nicer can I make this request without sounding hypocritically
rude or condescending to those who "get it?" I'm certainly not suggesting
that anyone's freedom of speech be compromised because everyone is
guaranteed that right but you do NOT have the the right to use harsh,
condescending, rude, and impolite expressions to get your point across!
That's where the buck stops and the rights end!

Bottom line - I'm merely asking that responses of "questionable" taste
and void of respect and tact be sent directly to the appropriate authors
privately (if they really must be sent at all).  I'm absolutely tired of
reading about peoples' disagreements and "dirty laundry" - this is no
place for it and those who engage in this petty behavior openly, without
respect for the many others who read the FML posts, haven't earned their
'free speech' right!

Sasha, Snowball, and their mommy want to thank every one of you who have
risen above this nonsense -we look forward to sharing with you again in
the future!  Happy Weekend and God Bless!