From:
Bonnie Webster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2009 17:00:49 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Bonnie from Nikki's House Rescue in Vt here again. Just wanted to write
a quick "kudos" note to Robin at Hudson Valley Ferret Rescue in Walden
NY--so if she's not a regular reader, I hope that someone lets her know
that she has made a family in Vt a very happy new ferret owning family.
They adopted one of your babies yesterday and I have already gotten
pictures. It makes my heart sing when one of our rescues gets a second
chance at forever love.

If there are anymore happy endings that have happened this week, would
anyone like to share. I think that we could use them as I have noticed
a lot of Rainbow Bridge crossing this last week or so. My heart and
prayers go out to all the ferret parents that have had to endure these
goodbyes--I also had two cross over on wed. 4/29. I spent that day
carrying around a sweet boy named Ozzie who I knew was on his way out.
He had come to me 1 1/2 years ago after being abandoned an a "drug"
apartment. He had incredible heart problems that my vet and I had
always thought were a result of getting feed some drug. As I spent the
day with him, I was making trips into my ferret room to check on the
rest and it was late that afternoon that I found Mr. Hunter giving his
last big sigh. He came to me last December from an owner who thought he
was "fat." He was adrenal and his spleen was about 5x's bigger than it
should have been. I knew he was terminal but I did not expect him to
go that day. A few hours later, as Ozzie started to have breathing
difficulties, my vet and I helped him cross.

Anyway--happy stuff??

Bonnie