From:
Stephanie Mudgett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 11:02:22 -0500
To Mike Chaput:

Dear, dear Mike.  You have probably received so many responses by now to
your recent post, but hopefully you will read mine.  I am a wife, too.  And
I cry daily at all the sad posts on the FML.  But, you know what?  It makes
me appreciate my fuzzies more and I spend more time with them, because I
never know when illness or death will strike one of mine (I run a shelter
and I have not had one fuzzy sick or die YET).  I know it is inevitable, but
for now I just love them and spend as much time as I can with them.  I know
men see things differently than women, and husbands hate to see their wives
cry.  But it shows we have emotion, compassion, and feelings for people we
have never met who are suffering a loss.  It's OK to cry.  It doesn't mean
we are weak.

Thanks for listening.

Stephanie