From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:07:21 -0500
I just noticed that I worded something badly yesterday -- so what else is
not new... Might have worded several things badly but noticed this one like
a search light in my eyes.  Sometimes what seems clear to someone writing
something during the writing isn't clear on the reading.  Anyway, the upset
things about people who use others' work or others' names without
permission are for people who keep doing it since they need to ask and
receive permission before trying that and should drop anything they are
asked to drop (pretty much the same way I feel about when people keep
passing ugly false rumors, or attaching peoples' names to things they
didn't say or do, too).  Obviously that is NOT case with the page mentioned
recently -- though there have been problems some have had with a very few
others.  The comment about how we all continue to learn throughout life
is in relation to those who do learn and then behave responsibly and
considerately -- like learning that permission is needed first and then
behaving responsibly by removing things for which permission wasn't given
and not doing that again.  This is what happened in the recent situation.
Haven't gotten any nasty letters but if I found what I wrote unclear when
I'm the one who wrote it then others will likely, too.  Hope it make sense
this time.  Apologies are extended if I bothered anyone.