From:
Carrie Mae Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 09:32:58 -0700
Hello -

I just disovered this listserve a few weeks ago - and I am overwhelmed by
the amount of wisdom from all of the fuzzy owners !!

Finally a topic I can comment one.  !
One word =  FUTON !!!!

I had the poor judgement to purchase a brandnew living room sofa just two
months before we got Nunuq (silver-mitt female).  .  .  for months we tried
everything (lemon peel , bitter apple, suirt gun with water, then diluted
with vinegar.  .  .  NOTHING WORKED - it was just too much of a ferret
heaven temptation for her.  .  .  So we caved and boutght a futon - problrm
solved.  The canvas covering is really durable to stand up to her digging,
completely washable, and really comfortable - and best of all no cushions or
springs for her to crawl into (One christmes when we were away - our friend
had to cut her out of the couch springs !!)

Three ferrets and two other futons later - no problems !!

Take Care

Carrie and Steven
Nunuq, Kodiak and Medeek