From:
Annette Friedenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:03:07 +0200
Wolfy wrote:
>Bob, Bob, Bob ... we share the same passion for meeting and learning
>from other people.  I especially am interested when they are from other
>countries.  I love learning how they house and feed their animals.
>Please keep us updated, or on your return give us a synopsis on the
>differences in how the States and other countries keep their ferrets.
>I"m dying to know.

Hi Wolfy,

We are here also, on the FML.  (here we are, here we are, jumping up
and down)  It's just that we are a bit shy... But please if you have
any questions, fire away!

Personally I think, the most important difference is that our ferrets do
not get neutered early.  Most of them come from private breeders.  Some
people house their ferrets in a separate room and most of them in their
kitchen or living room.  Not many house them outdoors these days anymore.
Perhaps that is the reason why we see more and more cases of adrenal
disease here in Holland.

As for feeding, I feed raw food since a couple of months and TF since a
few years.  Don't think there are much differences between Dutch and USA
as keeping ferrets is concerned, but perhaps i am all wrong.

No chance you could attend our symposium?  (Perhaps next time, giving a
lecture on deaf ferrets?  Would be nice!)

Annette

www.frettenburcht.nl (sorry all text is in Dutch language, no translation
available yet!)